Need A Financial Product Forums Tax Savings Can I claim HRA in tax for rent paid abroad

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Raja Mehta 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #46985

    Raja Mehta

    I am on a project abroad for an Indian company. I am getting a part of salary in India. Can I claim HRA for rent that I have paid abroad? What are the ways to save tax other than section 80 C?


    Though HRA is a part of your salary, but unfortunately you cannot claim it for the rent paid abroad. There is a very simple reason behind this ? you have no option to specify the city of residence in India. Apart from section 80 C, you can claim tax benefits under sections 80 D, 80 G and 24 (b).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Us

Simplypaisa, a web initiative by Elite Wealth Advisors Ltd, has the primary objective to help readers make smart financing decisions. What is smart finance? How to make smart financing decisions to procure assets or to meet one’s personal needs? Information is critical to make smart financing decisions: be it to purchase your dream house, a car, to start a business or to enable an entrepreneur to meet his/her working capital needs.Read More...


Elite Wealth Advisors Ltd.
S-8, DDA Shopping Complex,
Near Jeevan Anmol Hospital,
Mayur Vihar Phase-1, Delhi-110091.
Phone No: 011-42445800
Email :

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.