Need A Financial Product Forums Bank Accounts & Deposits Can I keep property sale receipts in savings account

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Francis Dsouza 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have sold old house which was purchased in 1992-93. From the sale proceeds I have paid some money for new flat which is under construction. Balance payment will be made in 2 installments in next 2 years. Till that time, I have deposited the remaining amount from sale proceeds in SBI’s savings account. Can I keep this money in my account?

Arvind Shah

You cannot keep this amount in normal savings bank account for more than 6 months of the date of sale. Open a Capital Gain Saving Scheme account and deposit the money there. Money will be withdrawable on demand.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Us

Simplypaisa, a web initiative by Elite Wealth Advisors Ltd, has the primary objective to help readers make smart financing decisions. What is smart finance? How to make smart financing decisions to procure assets or to meet one’s personal needs? Information is critical to make smart financing decisions: be it to purchase your dream house, a car, to start a business or to enable an entrepreneur to meet his/her working capital needs.Read More...

GET IN TOUCH WITH US

Elite Wealth Advisors Ltd.
S-8, DDA Shopping Complex,
Near Jeevan Anmol Hospital,
Mayur Vihar Phase-1, Delhi-110091.
Phone No: 011-42445800
Email : connect@simplypaisa.com

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.