Need A Financial Product Forums Tax Savings How much tax deduction is allowed for family floater policy

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Trupti Ben 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Trupti Ben

I want to avail tax benefit under section 80D against family floater insurance policy. I want to know whether I can claim benefit for a joint policy or I will have to take a separate policy for parents. The amount of total premium is more than Rs. 15,000. Please guide

Shery Chadha

A benefit in this regard can be availed in single policy as well. If your parents are senior citizen, eligible amount for combined premium is Rs. 35,000. In case of non-senior citizen parents, eligibility on combined premium is Rs. 30,000.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Us

Simplypaisa, a web initiative by Elite Wealth Advisors Ltd, has the primary objective to help readers make smart financing decisions. What is smart finance? How to make smart financing decisions to procure assets or to meet one’s personal needs? Information is critical to make smart financing decisions: be it to purchase your dream house, a car, to start a business or to enable an entrepreneur to meet his/her working capital needs.Read More...

GET IN TOUCH WITH US

Elite Wealth Advisors Ltd.
S-8, DDA Shopping Complex,
Near Jeevan Anmol Hospital,
Mayur Vihar Phase-1, Delhi-110091.
Phone No: 011-42445800
Email : connect@simplypaisa.com

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.