Need A Financial Product Forums Trading/Investments How open ended MF is different from close ended MF

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Narayan Singh 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Manoj Thakur

As a first time investor, I thought of investing in IDFC premier equity fund. The other day, I just discussed about my planning with my colleague. He asked me whether I will be purchasing an open ended MF or close ended MF. I had no answer to his question. Please tell me the difference between two and something about their listing.

Close ended mutual funds have a lock-in period and they have a fixed maturity date whereas there is no maturity date for open ended mutual funds. Close ended MFs are listed but their redemption will be on discount.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Us

Simplypaisa, a web initiative by Elite Wealth Advisors Ltd, has the primary objective to help readers make smart financing decisions. What is smart finance? How to make smart financing decisions to procure assets or to meet one’s personal needs? Information is critical to make smart financing decisions: be it to purchase your dream house, a car, to start a business or to enable an entrepreneur to meet his/her working capital needs.Read More...

GET IN TOUCH WITH US

Elite Wealth Advisors Ltd.
S-8, DDA Shopping Complex,
Near Jeevan Anmol Hospital,
Mayur Vihar Phase-1, Delhi-110091.
Phone No: 011-42445800
Email : connect@simplypaisa.com