Need A Financial Product Forums Bank Accounts & Deposits Penalty charges on salary account with HDFC Bank

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thomson 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Till 2012, I was operating salary account with HDFC Delhi. I changed my job and shifted to Bangalore. I stopped using my HDFC salary account which had somewhere around Rs. 4,000 at that time. Now, when I visited the branch to get it closed, they are saying that my account has zero balance and the amount in it was deducted as penalty charges and I need to pay penalty for not maintaining minimum balance of Rs. 10,000. Should I keep this account as inactive and unclosed?

Thomson

Negotiate with the branch manager. Non payment of dues may impact your CIBIL score.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Us

Simplypaisa, a web initiative by Elite Wealth Advisors Ltd, has the primary objective to help readers make smart financing decisions. What is smart finance? How to make smart financing decisions to procure assets or to meet one’s personal needs? Information is critical to make smart financing decisions: be it to purchase your dream house, a car, to start a business or to enable an entrepreneur to meet his/her working capital needs.Read More...

GET IN TOUCH WITH US

Elite Wealth Advisors Ltd.
S-8, DDA Shopping Complex,
Near Jeevan Anmol Hospital,
Mayur Vihar Phase-1, Delhi-110091.
Phone No: 011-42445800
Email : connect@simplypaisa.com