Need A Financial Product Forums Loans Pre-payment charges on top up loan from Standard Chartered Bank

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kritika Johri 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I borrowed home loan and top up from Standard Chartered Bank. I want to transfer it to SBI. But SCB is asking 2.5% prepayment penalty on top up loan. As per RBI rules, pre-payment penalty charges are abolished on all floating rate loans. I have checked with some other banks as well, they are not charging pre-payment penalty. What should I do?

Top up loan is a kind of secured personal loan on which a bank can ask for pre-payment charges. However, since you have already checked with other banks, I will suggest you to negotiate with SCB on this.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Us

Simplypaisa, a web initiative by Elite Wealth Advisors Ltd, has the primary objective to help readers make smart financing decisions. What is smart finance? How to make smart financing decisions to procure assets or to meet one’s personal needs? Information is critical to make smart financing decisions: be it to purchase your dream house, a car, to start a business or to enable an entrepreneur to meet his/her working capital needs.Read More...

GET IN TOUCH WITH US

Elite Wealth Advisors Ltd.
S-8, DDA Shopping Complex,
Near Jeevan Anmol Hospital,
Mayur Vihar Phase-1, Delhi-110091.
Phone No: 011-42445800
Email : connect@simplypaisa.com