Need A Financial Product Forums Trading/Investments Queries related to demat account linked with RGESS

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sachin 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Surendra Jha

Due to lack of knowledge, I linked SBI demat account with RGESS. Will I be liable to pay penalty if I sell my stock holdings of Rs. 37,500 and do not purchase another stock of same amount? Since there is a lock-in of 3 years, which date will be considered for 1st year lock-in? Can I delink my demat account with RGESS?

Dharav Mehta

One, as per previous rules known to me, selling your stock without purchasing another is not allowed. Two, investments will be locked for a period commencing on date of that investment. Three, there is no option to delink.

I have a trading account in Religare, but DP account in Kotak. I had purchased a stock in religare and during quarterly settlement of stocks, the shares got transferred to my Kotak DP.

I planned to sell my shares from Kotak (which were transferred from Religare) which was executed as per my instructions. After several days, now when I am requesting payout of my funds to my bank account, Kotak is requesting for contract notes and Deal slip for the shares that were transferred to Kotak DP. I have contract note, but I can’t get deal slip because I don’t have a DP in religare. I only have a trading account in Religare.

Wanted to check if this is now needed for all transactions for which shares are transferred from Religare to Kotak?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.