Need A Financial Product Forums Tax Savings Should we file ITR after a gap of 6 years

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hasan Shaikh 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #47213

    Hasan Shaikh

    My father is a senior citizen. Interest from fixed deposits is the only source of income for him. As his income does not fall in tax bracket, he was filling income tax return for last 5-6 years. This year, bank has deducted TDS on his fixed deposit interest, which can now be claimed only by filling income tax return. Should we file his ITR after a gap of 6 years or let the claim go?


    Arleen Kumar

    Go ahead with the return. And from next time onwards, don’t forget to submit form 15H in the month of April for all his FDs.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

About Us

Simplypaisa, a web initiative by Elite Wealth Advisors Ltd, has the primary objective to help readers make smart financing decisions. What is smart finance? How to make smart financing decisions to procure assets or to meet one’s personal needs? Information is critical to make smart financing decisions: be it to purchase your dream house, a car, to start a business or to enable an entrepreneur to meet his/her working capital needs.Read More...


Elite Wealth Advisors Ltd.
S-8, DDA Shopping Complex,
Near Jeevan Anmol Hospital,
Mayur Vihar Phase-1, Delhi-110091.
Phone No: 011-42445800
Email :

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.