Need A Financial Product Forums Trading/Investments What is better ? SIP in one MF or 3 MFs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    samkapoor77
    Keymaster

From the long list I have picked ICICI Pru Focused Blue Chip Equity Fund for investment. As per you, what would be better for me ? SIP of Rs. 3,000 in one mutual fund or SIP of Rs. 1,000 each in 3 mutual funds. What will be beneficial in long run? The basic idea of doing 3 SIPs is diversification.

samkapoor77
    Keymaster

If all the chosen 3 funds have different portfolios then only there will be a benefit of diversification. Otherwise it will be as good as investing in a single mutual fund. Check for these funds profile before making investments in it.

Sanskar Triveni

Each mutual fund is nothing but a compilation of different investment schemes. The diversification in case of sip investment plan reduces the risk. If you invest in 3 prominent mutual funds like Kotak Mutual Funds, the risk will be reduced and so will the returns.

Yogesh

Diversification is always better specially when you are looking to invest in long term. Also I think it could be done in different type of Mutual funds so that better returns in long term. SIP is one of the best way to avoid volatility in market as you keep investing in both good and bad phases of market.

Sandra

I would say diversification is the best way to go. Investing in different types of funds gives a lot of benefits in the long run rather than investing in the same type of funds. I selected sbi mutual fund investment and I have been continuing with for a long time now. I previously had chosen SBI magnum constant maturity fund and ended up gaining really good returns. I have started with SBI magnum medium duration fund to try something new from debt funds. It via direct investment plan and I am really happy with how sbi is performing. Even the percentage of returns are high with moderate risk.

samkapoor77
    Keymaster

However it is important to keep in mind that all SIP mutual funds have different schemes. If you are looking for a high growth opportunities then go for Kotak mutual funds is the best choice to reduce the risk and grow your wealth.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.